The Blood Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blood Rising is/was an Assault Cube Clan created on February 6th, 2010; and ended on May 26th, 2013.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Come Back Kids
valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 5:07 pm by DaRealRocky

» a look back
valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm by Soulker

» moved and settled pretty much
valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm by Sticky

» CyberSecurity Bills
valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 am by Iguana

» Raspberry Pi
valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm by Iguana

» New IRC server
valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm by Iguana

» Nomz Nomz gone wrong....
valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm by DaRealRocky

» akimbo ac_wadi?
valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:50 am by Bloodsport

» {TBR} vs [SODA] (tie)
valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm by BHO

Top posters
DaRealRocky
valve has great news for you linux users :) Vote_lcapvalve has great news for you linux users :) Voting_barvalve has great news for you linux users :) Vote_rcap 
Bloodsport
valve has great news for you linux users :) Vote_lcapvalve has great news for you linux users :) Voting_barvalve has great news for you linux users :) Vote_rcap 
Iguana
ReEsEs
ASCII
*SMG_3m*
MerCyKiL
Soulker
Badass Teddy

valve has great news for you linux users :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

valve has great news for you linux users :) Empty
PostSubject: valve has great news for you linux users :)   valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 4:14 am

here read this link....

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/30/valve-actively-seeking-linux-devs/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

my fave game of all time half-life and half-life 2 will shortly be available for linux.... i would asume all the games on steam will be ported to linux not just valve games but might be wrong non the less......you guys will have real games available to ya now.....not that ac isn't a real game....but valves games have the best netcode around so nice to play lag free lol...
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:49 am

It would be great if that happens. As the article says, the rise of Android makes a good reason for them to port the code to Linux-like operating systems. Still, I would expect it to be many months before we see anything.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 1:25 pm

yea i mean it's not gonna happen TODAY...... but at least you know gaming is coming to linux in the near future...
Back to top Go down
ASCII

ASCII

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 4:34 pm

I hope this goes better than what Netflix promised. Two engineers said they were working on getting instant watch running on Linux and three months later Netflix announces they abandoned the project Sad

Anyhow, I don't game anymore, but that seems pretty sweet for the Linux community, seeing as games seem to be the biggest thing deterring Windows users away from the OS.

Also, haven't posted in around a year so hai Wink
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 7:01 pm

omg ascii u lies, ubuntu does have gnome 2, its in edubuntu
Code:
sudo apt-get install edubuntu-desktop lubuntu-desktop xubuntu-desktop kubuntu-desktop

Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:03 pm

Steam for Linux Beta Opened for Users
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Steam-For-Linux-Beta-Opened-for-Users-302549.shtml

I have a feeling anything related to steam for linux will cost money..
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Excellent news. I have created a steam account and applied for the beta. My setup is fairly unusual and I've been using Linux for years so hopefully I will have a reasonable chance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:12 pm

sweet cheers
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 1:43 am

Strangely enough, I was just trying to get the steam beta installed. I came up against 2 problems: I forgot my steam account name, and valve only supply a .deb installer. Supposedly it does work on other distros, but it was starting to look like a bit too much of a ball ache for a relaxing Saturday afternoon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: valve has great news for you linux users :)   valve has great news for you linux users :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

valve has great news for you linux users :)
Page 1 of 1