The Blood Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blood Rising is/was an Assault Cube Clan created on February 6th, 2010; and ended on May 26th, 2013.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Come Back Kids
Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 5:07 pm by DaRealRocky

» a look back
Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm by Soulker

» moved and settled pretty much
Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm by Sticky

» CyberSecurity Bills
Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 am by Iguana

» Raspberry Pi
Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm by Iguana

» New IRC server
Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm by Iguana

» Nomz Nomz gone wrong....
Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm by DaRealRocky

» akimbo ac_wadi?
Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:50 am by Bloodsport

» {TBR} vs [SODA] (tie)
Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm by BHO

Top posters
DaRealRocky
Bloodsport, I need your linux help Vote_lcapBloodsport, I need your linux help Voting_barBloodsport, I need your linux help Vote_rcap 
Bloodsport
Bloodsport, I need your linux help Vote_lcapBloodsport, I need your linux help Voting_barBloodsport, I need your linux help Vote_rcap 
Iguana
ReEsEs
ASCII
*SMG_3m*
MerCyKiL
Soulker
Badass Teddy

Bloodsport, I need your linux help

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ASCII

ASCII

Bloodsport, I need your linux help Empty
PostSubject: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Okay long story short I screwed up an installation of openSUSE and wiped my sda1 partition with linux mint instead of my sda5. Now I have openSUSE 11.4 on my computer as the sole operating system, which is fine, except the damn wireless won't work! I've gotten all the drivers and firmware I need, but every time I try to connect to my internet, it goes through the connection process, asks for the password, and then starts over and repeats this! I've also tried configuring it in YaST with no luck. Please help, I really need to get my wireless working! Thank you!

Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:26 am

im not so smart but maybe this might help http://www.computing.net/answers/unix/how-i-can-fix-wireless-problem-in-linux-suse/8777.html

Code:
In YAST, goto Network Devices and choose Network Settings.
Now choose the General Options and switch from User Controlled with NetworkManger to Traditional Method with ifup.
Switch back to Overview and edit your wireless network card settings and make all the settings, necessary for your wireless network. Then choose ok and give it a try.
Back to top Go down
ASCII

ASCII

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 12:42 am

thanks,but I already tried that to no avail. reinstalling OpenSuse as I type

from iPod, I can't type on the damn thing
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:48 am

What is the make/model of your wireless card. In most cases there should be no issue with drivers in suse11.4, but it is possible that a driver is missing, so you might need to connect to your router using the cable instead so that you can use the install software tool to search for the appropriate drivers.

It is best to avoid configuring the network through yast as currently SUSE likes you to use the networkmanager tool instead (and makes it very inconvenient to use yast).

A quick software search for "wireless" brings up amtel, intel and broadcom drivers for me. If in doubt, just install all of them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ASCII

ASCII

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Perhaps I wasn't clear before. I made sure I downloaded all of the drivers/firmware that I would need to get wireless working. The problem was with actually connecting to my wireless after installing the drivers. I've done a fresh install of 11.4, and am downloading the drivers again, hopefully with more luck this time. I'll post back if I have any more problems Smile

EDIT: I'm having the same stupid problem, and I'm starting to get seriously pissed off! Every time I try to connect it gets stuck in a cycle of asking me for the password, connecting, asking for the password, connecting over and over! How can I get out of this stupid cycle!
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:05 pm

http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/wireless/457271-wifi-conection-problem-o-suse-11-4-feat-pro-wireless-calexico2.html

disable ipv6?
kuz u wont need it.. It's not really wide spread yet, and might cause u problems.

if not then u might need some firmware thing? :/
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:41 pm

could you check which wireless card you have? It would help to narrow down the cause of the problem.

Also, try:
Code:

dmesg | grep wlan0
in the console to see if it gives any information on the problem
Back to top Go down
ASCII

ASCII

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Was reading the wrong key off the router... *facepalm*
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:05 pm

LOL!

Well, I'm glad you have it working.

Remember to enable the Packman community repository so you can get all the proper versions of video codecs and media players.

Are you using the Gnome desktop, or KDE? I think that KDE is better integrated under SUSE, but I have never tried their version of Gnome so I can't compare.
Back to top Go down
ASCII

ASCII

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:19 pm

Yeah, thanks for the help and sorry about the stupidity :/

I'm using KDE, and I like how much customization it gives you with your desktop, it's awesome! I need to figure out how to get back the old pointer that it started with too... that thing was sweet.

Now to the task of installing emacs/gcc/AC and learning a new distro... sigh.
Back to top Go down
ASCII

ASCII

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Well everything's going peachy except for installing AC! Apparently I have to download all of the SDL packages and such, and it seems like a pain in the ass Sad
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:19 pm

I think it's just sdl-image and one of the ogg libraries that you need. It should tell you when you try to run AC. They can all be installed through Yast.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Bloodsport wrote:
It is best to avoid configuring the network through yast as currently SUSE likes you to use the networkmanager tool instead (and makes it very inconvenient to use yast).
where can i find the network manager? kuz yast is not so good..
and yes, i got a hdd for my second hdd slot in my laptop pacman
was originally gunna install pc-bsd, or freebsd, or yellowdog linux, or centos, or fedora.. but looking at the more popular distros on distrowach and testing them in vm, ubuntu and opensuse seem to be more advanced in having the latest software.. but then again, i could be totally wrong tux also wireless doesnt seem to work ._. i read that theres some bug for setting it up with hdcp http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/network-internet/470567-wireless-problems-opensuse-12-1-a.html
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:25 pm

In suse, knetworkmanager should appear as a little icon in the system tray that lets you select from wired or available wireless connections. If it isn't there, you need to right click on the system tray (right side of the panel), select system tray settings, and enable network management.

I did an upgrade of my system from 11.4 to 12.1 and I have been having some problems with the wireless card when the laptop is left alone for a long time. My usual fix is to open a shell as root and type

Code:
/etc/init.d/network restart

It's an ugly solution that forces the network services to reset, but does seem to work.

Make sure you have the wireless drivers for your card installed. Do an lspci as root to find the manufacturer if you don't know it, then search for the correct module to install in the install/remove software tool. If there isn't the appropriate module available, you will need to do a google search to find the drivers.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:57 pm

i think im doing something wrong, is the wireless tab supposed to be greyed out?
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img13/3884/snapshot3ji.png

my wifi card is from broadcom, and i've installed all the drivers..
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:51 pm

Can you post the output from lspci (run as root), and dmesg? Just type them into a terminal. It looks like it hasn't detected your wireless card so it's almost certainly a driver problem.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:12 pm

Code:
simeon92@linux-qxvp:~> su -
Password:
linux-qxvp:~ # lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor DMI (rev 11)
00:03.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev 11)
00:08.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Core Processor System Management Registers (rev 11)
00:08.1 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Core Processor Semaphore and Scratchpad Registers (rev 11)
00:08.2 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Core Processor System Control and Status Registers (rev 11)
00:08.3 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Core Processor Miscellaneous Registers (rev 11)
00:10.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Core Processor QPI Link (rev 11)
00:10.1 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Core Processor QPI Routing and Protocol Registers (rev 11)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset HECI Controller (rev 06)
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 05)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset High Definition Audio (rev 05)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 1 (rev 05)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 4 (rev 05)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset PCI Express Root Port 5 (rev 05)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset USB2 Enhanced Host Controller (rev 05)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev a5)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 5 Series Chipset LPC Interface Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset 4 port SATA AHCI Controller (rev 05)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset SMBus Controller (rev 05)
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT216 [GeForce GT 330M] (rev a2)
02:00.1 Audio device: nVidia Corporation High Definition Audio Controller (rev a1)
03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Yukon Optima 88E8059 [PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controller with AVB] (rev 11)
07:00.0 USB Controller: NEC Corporation uPD720200 USB 3.0 Host Controller (rev 03)
3f:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QuickPath Architecture Generic Non-Core Registers (rev 04)
3f:00.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QuickPath Architecture System Address Decoder (rev 04)
3f:02.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QPI Link 0 (rev 04)
3f:02.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor QPI Physical 0 (rev 04)
3f:03.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Memory Controller (rev 04)
3f:03.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Memory Controller Target Address Decoder (rev 04)
3f:03.4 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Memory Controller Test Registers (rev 04)
3f:04.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0 Control Registers (rev 04)
3f:04.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0 Address Registers (rev 04)
3f:04.2 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0 Rank Registers (rev 04)
3f:04.3 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Memory Controller Channel 0 Thermal Control Registers (rev 04)
3f:05.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Memory Controller Channel 1 Control Registers (rev 04)
3f:05.1 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Memory Controller Channel 1 Address Registers (rev 04)
3f:05.2 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Memory Controller Channel 1 Rank Registers (rev 04)
3f:05.3 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Memory Controller Channel 1 Thermal Control Registers (rev 04)
linux-qxvp:~ #
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:47 pm

Code:
03:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller (rev 01)
05:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. Yukon Optima 88E8059 [PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Controller with AVB] (rev 11)

oh the pain
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/wireless/472592-my-laptop-says-i-need-firmware-wireless.html

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#Known_issues
Code:
14e4:4727        no (WIP)        BCM4313        b/g/n        LCN (r1)        wl/brcm80211
Quote :
BCM4313 - chipset uses unsupported LCN PHY, we work on it

I guess i'll try pacman..
http://forums.opensuse.org/forums/blogs/caf4926/install-broadcom-drivers-packman-90/
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:33 pm

try the broadcom-wl package from the pacman repository.

Also make sure you have the kernel-firmware package installed (I think it should be by default)

Check that this isn't the problem:
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/wireless/472220-broadcom-bcm4313-wireless-problems-opensuse-12-1-a.html

i.e. if it isn't an acer laptop, do as root: rmmod acer-wmi
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:17 am

w00p w00p

got it working now! suse

turns out i had an older version of the firmware installed facepalm so i just did an zypper update after i updated everything else.. o.O

now i'll work on setting pc-bsd up with wifi.. only gave suse 160gb partition out of the whole empty 620gb hdd
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:37 am

BSD seems to be more of a system administrator's operating system to me. I like my nice simple suse experience.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 12:05 pm

you mean freebsd? kuz freebsd comes with no gui and harder to install stuff and set up.

anyway i got network working in pc-bsd alien
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Oh wait.. where do maps get saved in suse?

kuz i just extracted the ac folder and placed it in a c=folder called games in the home/username/ folder
/home/username/Games/1.1.0.4

and when i go to packages/maps i only see the servermaps, official, and preview folders..
also idk where the saved.cfg and init.cfg are :$

im guessing all thats saved in the root folder / somewhere?

im lost :/
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:42 pm

All the maps that you receive and save, and screenshots, demos, local settings, etc are stored in /home/username/.assaultcube_v1.1/

The dot before the folder name indicates that it is hidden by default so you either need to enable the visibility of hidden files in your home directory, or just type it into the location bar in dolphin.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:54 pm

ah ah, found it, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport, I need your linux help   Bloodsport, I need your linux help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodsport, I need your linux help
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next