The Blood Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blood Rising is/was an Assault Cube Clan created on February 6th, 2010; and ended on May 26th, 2013.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Come Back Kids
Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 5:07 pm by DaRealRocky

» a look back
Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm by Soulker

» moved and settled pretty much
Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm by Sticky

» CyberSecurity Bills
Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 am by Iguana

» Raspberry Pi
Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm by Iguana

» New IRC server
Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm by Iguana

» Nomz Nomz gone wrong....
Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm by DaRealRocky

» akimbo ac_wadi?
Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:50 am by Bloodsport

» {TBR} vs [SODA] (tie)
Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm by BHO

Top posters
DaRealRocky
Sticky's new Pc Vote_lcapSticky's new Pc Voting_barSticky's new Pc Vote_rcap 
Bloodsport
Iguana
ReEsEs
ASCII
*SMG_3m*
MerCyKiL
Soulker
Badass Teddy

Sticky's new Pc

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 7:20 am

hey sup fellas....

built me a new pc well i ordered the parts today anyway here is a link to the build parts...

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DzhW

i know i know right....it's intel!?!? >_<

i wanted to go AMD but everyone and most reviews say the intel is faster the amd is not much slower but i figured what the hell can't hate on them if i've never tried there top of the line product...have only use celerons in the past with blew balls lol....

hopefully it all goes smooth i should be seeing like 20 million fps in Ac lol Razz
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:00 pm

That does look rather beasty. Intel CPUs are the way to go at the moment. My laptop CPU is a bit faster (i7-3720qm), but the 7950 is a gorgeous GFX card. They are monsters at OpenCL compute tasks which I do a lot of for my work, so I would love to have one.

...and SSD drives are great. My boot up time even on a fairly heavyweight SUSE linux install is extremely quick.
Back to top Go down

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:26 am

yea i was gonna get the i7 but the i5 is faster in gaming because it does not have hyper threading games use single thread ....but i heard u can turn the hyper off....idk i might drop one in later on i just wanted to get a very nice start..... gonna be insane coming from my old slow system lol!
Back to top Go down
BHO

BHO

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:19 pm

nice build, let us know how it works out for you
Back to top Go down
http://<(*.*)>

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 12:29 am

i'll post some pics of build once all the parts arrive..
Back to top Go down
BHO

BHO

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 pm

so how did the build go?
Back to top Go down
http://<(*.*)>

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:01 am

Pretty good Smile it runs crysis 3 max settings at 60 fps ill post pics later..
Back to top Go down

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 6:03 pm

here's some pics there not the best forgot to take them as i was building.....she runs pretty good shuts off and reboots from time to time under heavy load i don't know what i was thinkin went i picked psu lol pretty sure i just need more power.....other than upgradeing the psu all is well i5 3570k running at 4ghz x4 ati hd 7950 3gb card runnin at 1010mhz gpu 1250mhz ram... pulls 50-70fps is crysis 3 max settings 16x aa 2x smaa medium.... compared to my old amd athlon 3hz 1gb his hd4670 card this thing is a monster =D

Specs:

cpu: Intel I5 3570k (Oc 4ghz from 3.4ghz)

Mobo: Asrock z75 pro 3

cooler: Cooler master Evo 212 hyper

Gpu: HIS HD7950 3gb Gddr5 (Oc 1010mhz core & 1250 ram)

storage: Sandisk 128gb SDD

Ram: 8gb corsair ddr3 1600

PSU: Rosewill 500watt blue led

case: xion cheap pos....lol cooler doesn't really fit too well with case closed >_<

Sticky's new Pc Img_2010

look at those sexy HIS turbo 7950 pipes Smile
Sticky's new Pc Img_2011

Sticky's new Pc Img_2012

Sticky's new Pc Img_2013

1000 fps =D
Sticky's new Pc 20130210
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:38 am

sweeet, but yeah 500W is not enough if you are pushing a high end graphics card. Those things are hungry hungry hippos Wink
Back to top Go down

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 6:03 pm

yea i know people on tech forums where like yea that's all u need blah blah tech is low power these days...i was like ahhh ok ..the whole time i was thinking bs 500 is minimum i wanted a 650 or 700 watt but i purchased the parts at like 5am before work wasn't thinking properly lol
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 2:43 am

if only you knew the ideas I have for the next desktop i'm palnning to build.
Oh boy, price will be over 2,000

I'm palnning 2 nvidia geforce gtx 680 graphics cards conneted with sli, 3-4 2tb hdds, a desktop 8 core amd cpu with the highest gighest ghz rate, maybe water colling for the cpu, 32gb of ram, blue-ray burner, ~1,000w power supply, and a nice amd full-atx motherboard that supports all this and usb 3.0 in the back, and a nice case tht has a usb 3.0 port in the front.

I'm palnning to run either arch, openbsd, debian, scientific linux or suse as the main os taking up 2-3 hdds in a raid 0 configuration for all the things i do and im planning to run a few vm's 1 for banking 1 for windows browsing and skype and 1 for vpnning and 1 for the regual things i do in linux and a few others to test new os's(hence y i would need more ram and cores), and windows on the other hdd for gaming.

bam, low tech is for zombie noobs Exclamation

anyways, nice PC Sticky Smile
lol im so bored elephant
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 5:33 pm

I did read an interesting article somewhere lately suggesting that SLI type configurations never really work out that well, and it's better to just go for the most expensive single card that you can afford.
Back to top Go down

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:37 pm

yea alot of people have drivers issues...but if u get it to work smoothly it's a very nice setup just got make sure u buy 2 of the same cards.. get's fuzzy when u try to use diff models from same company...

also i think ati is comin out with a 7990 apparently witch will me alot faster than 7970 so look into those or wait for 8 series =D

sli 7990's would be beast..

these guys made there own 7990 lol didn't wanna wait ...it's 2 7970's on one pcb the benchmarks are awsome! and it's cheaper than a nvidia 690 =D

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2012/12/07/club-3d-radeon-hd-7990-6gb-review/1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sticky's new Pc Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sticky's new Pc   Sticky's new Pc Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sticky's new Pc
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Blood Rising :: Open section :: Offtopic-
Jump to: