The Blood Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blood Rising is/was an Assault Cube Clan created on February 6th, 2010; and ended on May 26th, 2013.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Come Back Kids
Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 5:07 pm by DaRealRocky

» a look back
Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm by Soulker

» moved and settled pretty much
Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm by Sticky

» CyberSecurity Bills
Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 am by Iguana

» Raspberry Pi
Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm by Iguana

» New IRC server
Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm by Iguana

» Nomz Nomz gone wrong....
Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm by DaRealRocky

» akimbo ac_wadi?
Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:50 am by Bloodsport

» {TBR} vs [SODA] (tie)
Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm by BHO

Top posters
DaRealRocky
Bloodsport laptop failure Vote_lcapBloodsport laptop failure Voting_barBloodsport laptop failure Vote_rcap 
Bloodsport
Bloodsport laptop failure Vote_lcapBloodsport laptop failure Voting_barBloodsport laptop failure Vote_rcap 
Iguana
ReEsEs
ASCII
*SMG_3m*
MerCyKiL
Soulker
Badass Teddy

Bloodsport laptop failure

Go down 
+4
ReEsEs
MCfade
Bloodsport
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Bloodsport laptop failure Empty
PostSubject: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 7:31 pm

Sadly tonight, while playing ac, my laptop screen started going pink, then totally died. Unless I can sort something out, I might be down to iPhone access only and no ac for sometime. Gaaaaah!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:37 pm

blah .....somebody mail him one of ther old pc's lol
Back to top Go down
MCfade

MCfade

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:43 pm

OMG blood that sucks balls haha i could've sent u an old pc i had before i got this 1 but i sold it lol
Back to top Go down
ReEsEs

ReEsEs

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:32 pm

BLOOOOOODYYYYYY NOOOO.

Seriously that sucks sooo much, hopefully you'll get a new one soon.

Does that mean this who Thorite thing is going down the drain?
Back to top Go down
http://www.yougotrickrolled.com
Badass Teddy

Badass Teddy

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:07 am

go to the apple store and get it replaced ;p you have an apple right?
pink is rather odd.. I could say red is normal, for a pc that is, even green and purple are able, but then they don't crash.. the screen's just wacky coloured..
Back to top Go down
ReEsEs

ReEsEs

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:44 am

When my laptop broke is had lines of greenish/blue. Luckily it was still under warranty Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:35 am

It is a rather over-worked HP Compaq. Luckily it is still under 3 year warranty, but it could take a while to convince them to replace it (something like the 5th time its broken). I will try to get an external screen prior to that so I can get on with nailing thorite. Nobody escapes the wrath of bloodsport
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 1:29 pm

I now have an external screen connected so I have the server running again and hopefully should be ok with AC, but I will be gone again for a while once I get HP to agree to repair or replace the laptop.
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky
Admin
DaRealRocky

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 2:12 pm

ok did this affect the video u are sending in please pm me it if ur done Wink
Back to top Go down
http://thebloodrising.niceboards.net
ASCII

ASCII

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 3:44 pm

and yet you still think linux kicks ass... sucks to be you :-(
Back to top Go down
ReEsEs

ReEsEs

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:10 pm

Yaya Blooodster, That mean you can keep working on THorite?
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:03 pm

I've been working on the videos all evening. I've got all the clips I want now, but I still need to work out how to compress them down to a reasonable size without losing all detail, get them hosted somewhere and write the descriptions. Probably another day or so.
Back to top Go down
Badass Teddy

Badass Teddy

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:11 pm

download a programm.. can't be hard.. i only need music compressions so I can't help with that..
what size is it atm?

just upload it on youtube or don't, embed it on the site..
Back to top Go down
ReEsEs

ReEsEs

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Have you tried you AC out yet, is it workable on your new screen?
Back to top Go down
Xtreme

Xtreme

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 5:21 am

emm yeah ReSeEs is right.Blood wtf 5 times? what kind of laptop you bought anyway!
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:06 am

AC is workable, but because of the size/position difference, my aim is a bit off and I can't judge knifing distance so well.

The laptop isn't so bad, it's a HP 6910p. The problem is that I run pattern recognition experiments on it 24 hours a day, every day. This puts rather a lot of strain on the fan (gets clogged up with dust), which in turn causes everything else to get a little bit too hot. Also, the power adapter tends to die occasionally and deliver a nasty power surge.

Kimisa: Yes, it is simple enough, but it all takes time. The video files are currently around 10-20 meg each so I need to re-encode them in a better format, but without introducing too many lossy-compression artifacts.
Back to top Go down
Badass Teddy

Badass Teddy

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:13 am

I am well aware of that, but the human eye can only handle 78 fps, suggesting you can lower easily to 25, then run a lossless and everything should do fine.
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 6:31 am

The video is currently running at 10 fps. It is the compression type and parameters I need to experiment with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodsport laptop failure   Bloodsport laptop failure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodsport laptop failure
Page 1 of 1