The Blood Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blood Rising is/was an Assault Cube Clan created on February 6th, 2010; and ended on May 26th, 2013.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Come Back Kids
Computer Problems Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 5:07 pm by DaRealRocky

» a look back
Computer Problems Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm by Soulker

» moved and settled pretty much
Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm by Sticky

» CyberSecurity Bills
Computer Problems Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 am by Iguana

» Raspberry Pi
Computer Problems Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm by Iguana

» New IRC server
Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm by Iguana

» Nomz Nomz gone wrong....
Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm by DaRealRocky

» akimbo ac_wadi?
Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:50 am by Bloodsport

» {TBR} vs [SODA] (tie)
Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm by BHO

Top posters
DaRealRocky
Computer Problems Vote_lcapComputer Problems Voting_barComputer Problems Vote_rcap 
Bloodsport
Computer Problems Vote_lcapComputer Problems Voting_barComputer Problems Vote_rcap 
Iguana
ReEsEs
ASCII
*SMG_3m*
MerCyKiL
Soulker
Badass Teddy

Computer Problems

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 12:18 am

As you've noticed, the servers aren't running, they were a day and 2 ago, but this morning i woke up and turned on the screen to see a blue screen with these error results:

I've asked on microsoft forums and also [SODA]___ME___ since there good with windows based computer problems..
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-system/help-fix-bluescreens-freezes-and-crashes/084d02a1-c8ec-45a1-b412-74caad190254?lc=1033

The pictures there closest thing to a crash dump from what i can get..
Around ~2-3 weeks ago i've had this bluescreen appear when i log into the computer which forces me to restart it.. but that was rarely. Now the screen goes blan sometimes when i turn it on, or it auto restarts or freezes up after a few min, and it even beeps for a while when i turn it on sometimes and don't touch anything

anyways, its not a hardware error, because when i turn it on sometimes it work for about a few min,and I don't notice it heating up, just that the fan goes a bit loud. I'll be uninstalling my graphics driver because i think that might be the core of the problem, if not then i probabally wont be hosting server any more..

Last edited by Iguana on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bluescreen make no since, and added a link for some help i found)
Back to top Go down

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 5:57 pm

well everytime i get the blue screen of death i just re-install windows and all is well takes like 30min and it is ALOT easier to do than to try and diagnose the issue and fix it.....

just make sure to use a program at boot that wipes ur drives so u can do clean install such as max blast 3.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Found out that its not software related, looks more like one of the ram sticks has gone bad.

works with two of the sticks but in one of the other two it doesnt show a display on the screen most of the times and even if it did, it freezes after a while..

But i'm still testing stuff.
Back to top Go down

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 4:27 pm

well at least you know what it is.....just some faulty ram...
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 3:30 pm

edited my first post.

My mom sent it to Best Buy so they can do more testing with it and find a problem if any.
Turns out that the ram, and graphics card are bad, and also the hdd.
But we'll be buying these parts our selves, since newegg has the best computer hardware bounce or maybe from Best Buy, but not sure what they actually have in store.

but they did replace the our ATI Radeon HD 5570 graphics card with an Nvidia Geforce GT 430 or 520 (not sure which, but they are both the same price).

Also we might be replacing the power supply from what ___ME___ is saying:
Quote :
If you have a bad mem stick and a bad video card it may be a sign of voltage problems

There are 2 sides to this debate of leave electronics on 24/7 vs. turn on and off as needed. The on/off group says things wear out and turning it off makes it last longer, the cool down gives everything a time to rest. The 24/7 group says steady state is the most stable and avoids failures because of less thermal stress on warmup and cool down, also powering on/off causes spikes that damage components.

I might have everything up and runing in a week or 2, 3, if not then idk
Back to top Go down

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:36 pm

i leave mine on 24/7 Razz
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:10 pm

an update to these computer problems
Quote :
We got the computer back from bestbuy, and they told us the gfx card is bad, some of the ram, and the hdd is bad, but they said if we pay them $120 they'd do a back up, and they showed us that the whole repair would cost ~$300. gfx card being $80, an extra hdd being ~110, and ram ~60. After their evaluations and pricing we decided not to buy anything so we can buy our own parts. Only thing we paid for is the diagnostics they did.

Oh and we went to compusa and saw the same gfx card they offered but at compusa it cost ~$50. so basiaclly were going to buy our own parts now since bestbuy is just a ripoff, they want too much money. and i doubt the hdd is bad, because i can still boot into windows but i get a bluescreen or freezes.

So we got the gfx card from compusa an nvidia geforce gt 450 or 430 not sure what it was, and it turned out it makes too much noise, so we returned it. then we got one from compusa which is the current gfx card we have a nvidia geforce gtx 550Ti by gigabite, this one doesnt make noise! Very Happy But we still had blue screens and crashes. And just today we got new ram for the computer G.SKILL 16 gb DDR3 ram. And it doesn't have bluescreens anymore, but it still crashes and freezes, so we'll be buying a new motherboard and depends, maybe a new processor.
Back to top Go down

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:28 pm

also note....that alot of the graphics cards these days require ur power supply to be plugged into them....depending on the card.... i don't much about ur cards i am a ATI person.... but prolly not the issue but maybe check your voltage's? ur card might require a bigger power supply i had to upgrade mine to a 500watt one when i got my ati hd4670 1gb card....most pc's come with a 300-400watt psu just a thought prolly not the issue tho
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 pm

Forgot to mention we upgraded power supply to 600W, and there is a 6 plug connector on the back on the card, which the power supply came with Razz

Oh and we just re-installed windows because after we got the ram i promised my mom that if it crashed again we'd reinstall windows with the recovery cd's they made for us, but it still crashing even after the reinstall
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky
Admin
DaRealRocky

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Make your own computer save alot of money! afro
Back to top Go down
http://thebloodrising.niceboards.net

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 12:58 am

yea that's what i was gonna say with all the parts u got and are looking to get you could have a beast ass pc by now.....look into the AMD FX (bulldozer) cpu good stuff right there! and somewhat cheap depending on witch one u get I7's don't want no parts of it!! lol
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:19 am

so far these are the new parts so far: gfx card, ram, and power supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125410
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231309
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3255393&CatId=1483

and were planing to get a new motherboard and maybe processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128519

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103962
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103961
though not sure about the processor, but we'll probably order the motherboard and processor just in case it does turn out to be the processor also..

but until then feel free to use the temporary servers i have set up on my laptop

Quote :
Tor .I:2:P:. SSL HTTPS
Tor .I:2:P:. COOP
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 7:23 am

I wouldn't recommend the bulldozer for ordinary desktop users. It only seems to be competitive for things like large webservers. I would recommend a sandy bridge generation intel chip (probably i5). However, what CPU you can get all depends on which motherboard you go for.

EDIT: I see that all the boards you listed are AMD. My feeling is that the current AMD chips just can't keep up with the Intel ones. Even a cheap Intel CPU of the current generation outperforms a high end AMD for most of what you will be doing.

On the other hand the Nvidia 550 should be a nice piece of kit. I use a 570 in work for running OpenCL code and it's a bit of a beast.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 3:12 pm

I think we'll stay with amd hopefully, intel parts are too expensive, and besides amd isn't that bad

or at least not on this performance list http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

the 8 core amd fx comes at 41 and the fx 6 core comes at 91
our current cpu comes at 111, last year it was in 6 place (from what i remember)

and with intel i'll be paying ~100 - 200 more from the parts of i5 or i7 compared to amd
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 3:28 pm

oooh my laptop cpu comes in at 46 Very Happy

These benchmarks do vary a lot depending on what kind of processing you do. For floating point scientific stuff the Intel seems to have a more significant advantage. Anyway, with that kind of price difference, the Intel becomes a lot less attractive.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:39 pm

If we were going to buy an intel combo, it would be this:
http://www.amazon.com/Intel-BX80623I72600K-Core-i7-2600K-Processor/dp/B004EBUXSA/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1334439453&sr=1-2

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128545

my mom is leaning more towards the intel combo, but idk might be another1-2-4 weeks until we buy a cpu and motherboard
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 6:11 pm

If you don't mind the extra cost, I really would go with the sandybridge i7. I was amazed that the sandybridge CPU in my laptop significantly out performs the older generation i7 930 in my desktop, despite it having a higher clock frequency. The difference is particularly clear when multithreaded programs are being used.

On the other hand, Intel have less competition from AMD at the moment so they put their prices up.
Back to top Go down

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 9:57 pm

if you dig deep you will see the I7 only outperforms the fx series in certain aspects like photo shop and like professional apps......amd has always been the best for gaming imo and ATI graphics are the best bar none nvida cards have very rough feel to there graphics but that's just me ....you can always get the same performance if not better from amd for wayyy cheaper....but not gonna get into to much don't need a intel/amd fanboy war goin on haha

and also might not wanna to or may not be into but the fx series overclock to ridiculous speeds with little effort and heat....will def fly past a i7 then just thought..plus there's apps u can't d/l and on some of the fx cpu u can unlock more cores etc....idk i'm amd guys so ya lol..
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:32 am

Servers are back for now, but still a bit worrisome about it crashing again.. so we'll see how it goes, but just in case its probably better i get a new motherboard and processor, imma try and convince my mom with this lol.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:45 pm

gah, it's still crashing again.. ordering motherboard, cpu, and possibly hdd too.

well play on blood's server, i think he's gunne recompile them and hopefully fix his server crashes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer Problems   Computer Problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer Problems
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Blood Rising :: Open section :: Servers-
Jump to: