The Blood Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blood Rising is/was an Assault Cube Clan created on February 6th, 2010; and ended on May 26th, 2013.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Come Back Kids
Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 5:07 pm by DaRealRocky

» a look back
Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm by Soulker

» moved and settled pretty much
Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm by Sticky

» CyberSecurity Bills
Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 am by Iguana

» Raspberry Pi
Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm by Iguana

» New IRC server
Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm by Iguana

» Nomz Nomz gone wrong....
Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm by DaRealRocky

» akimbo ac_wadi?
Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:50 am by Bloodsport

» {TBR} vs [SODA] (tie)
Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm by BHO

Top posters
DaRealRocky
Presenting ac_virdis Vote_lcapPresenting ac_virdis Voting_barPresenting ac_virdis Vote_rcap 
Bloodsport
Presenting ac_virdis Vote_lcapPresenting ac_virdis Voting_barPresenting ac_virdis Vote_rcap 
Iguana
ReEsEs
ASCII
*SMG_3m*
MerCyKiL
Soulker
Badass Teddy

Presenting ac_virdis

Go down 
+2
Bloodsport
Fate
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fate

Fate

Presenting ac_virdis Empty
PostSubject: Presenting ac_virdis   Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:34 am

Presenting ac_virdis We2ua1rc.ihn

Hey guys, this should be the final version of Huntsman and I's map, Viridis (pronounced wi-ri-dis, meaning green in Latin).

If you were expecting to read more words, there's more words in its Akimbo page. Laughing

To server owners:
If you wish to add this map to your maprot, please add "ac_viridis" NOT "ac_viridis1.5"!
"ac_viridis" has a default skymap so it is playable for all, and ac_viridis1.5 uses the custom skymap.

Download

Happy fragging! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Presenting ac_virdis   Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 11:05 am

nice work. I will put the new version on our servers later today. I hope to see you online for some games.
Back to top Go down
Fate

Fate

PostSubject: Re: Presenting ac_virdis   Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:24 am

Thanks Bloodsport Smile

I have made an update to Viridis, but it stays as a beta for now.

After playing an inter on Viridis, Ketar* pointed out that CLA has a very slight disadvantage over RVSF in CTF games. He said that it's harder for CLA to get the flag because when coming into RVSF's base from one side, you need to go up a ladder first. I took this into consideration and I just need some feedback on the changes. The picture below should be self-explanatory:

Presenting ac_virdis Nmnn1tu0.jsc

Simply put, I changed the ladder into stairs, and switched the position of the health, and flag entity. Along with this beta, I added some slight detail to the map.
Before I made this update, I have already made a "compensation" for CLA, by placing the kevlar vest spawn closer to their base, but I placed a helmet very close to CLA base.

You can download and see for yourself here.

Some constructive feedback on this update is much appreciated. Smile
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky
Admin
DaRealRocky

PostSubject: Re: Presenting ac_virdis   Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 11:07 am

i think there is always going to be a slight disadvantag eon either team unless u have the same set up on each side. including pick ups and bases. it is very hard to do when you try to make a realistic, real world map as everyone tries.. good map though
Back to top Go down
http://thebloodrising.niceboards.net
themanhaste

themanhaste

PostSubject: Re: Presenting ac_virdis   Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:01 pm

nice map bro, and btw sexy sniper too Smile
Back to top Go down
Fate

Fate

PostSubject: Re: Presenting ac_virdis   Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 12:27 am

Yeah, I agree with you there Rocky. I wanted to make this map as fair as possible, but now I feel that with this update, CLA now has an advantage over RVSF. Now the fact that the previous version was more fair. silent Why? Well, it may be somewhat harder to reach the RVSF flag for CLA since you need to climb a ladder, but to me, it is much faster to run from RVSF base and back to CLA base than the other way round, if you know the way of course. Wink

And to Haste, thanks rabbit
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Presenting ac_virdis   Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:50 pm

I'm off on holiday at the moment, but I look forward to giving it a try when I get back.
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

PostSubject: Re: Presenting ac_virdis   Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:37 pm

The version you posted is now available on tbr-clan.ath.cx. I haven't had a chance to play a proper game on it yet, but looks good. Maybe the floor texturing could be varied and blended a bit more. Try having the bits of stone/tile as slightly raised relative to a surrounding heightfield, or try blending gradually from the rich green colour to a more washed out green around the edges.
Back to top Go down
Mr.OpTic

Mr.OpTic

PostSubject: Re: Presenting ac_virdis   Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:00 pm

themanhaste wrote:
nice map bro, and btw sexy sniper too Smile

I have the same sniper. Does that make me sexy? Very Happy

Btw, i need to try this map out.. DLing...
Back to top Go down
http://sa-clan.gamerzfun.com/
THEGRID

THEGRID

PostSubject: Re: Presenting ac_virdis   Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:49 pm

how do you get that sniper?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Presenting ac_virdis   Presenting ac_virdis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Presenting ac_virdis
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Blood Rising :: Open section :: General AC discussion-
Jump to: