The Blood Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blood Rising is/was an Assault Cube Clan created on February 6th, 2010; and ended on May 26th, 2013.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Come Back Kids
ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 5:07 pm by DaRealRocky

» a look back
ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm by Soulker

» moved and settled pretty much
ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm by Sticky

» CyberSecurity Bills
ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 am by Iguana

» Raspberry Pi
ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm by Iguana

» New IRC server
ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm by Iguana

» Nomz Nomz gone wrong....
ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm by DaRealRocky

» akimbo ac_wadi?
ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:50 am by Bloodsport

» {TBR} vs [SODA] (tie)
ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm by BHO

Top posters
DaRealRocky
ac_fuel changes Vote_lcapac_fuel changes Voting_barac_fuel changes Vote_rcap 
Bloodsport
Iguana
ReEsEs
ASCII
*SMG_3m*
MerCyKiL
Soulker
Badass Teddy

ac_fuel changes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:33 pm

ok, and for the draft revision, well I can't really edit maps, because I only know basic stuff, so I probably can't help much :/

Though there is a guy that's really good with editing maps.. His ac names eynestyne, and he knows all the requirements for editing maps in this version. Also, he has 2 servers up, the "Q-be r00t" servers, one's a 4-player coop-edit server and the other one is a 12 person multilpayer serve. Oh and I've uploaded ac_fuel on both of his servers, but it's not playable in multilayer only coop-edit, and I've told him not to touch the map until I got some conformation with you guys.. So, my main goal is to see if maybe we can make your map playable with minimal changes and afterword's upload it to your {TBR} server and the Q-be r00t servers.
Another thing that I wanna say is that If we do do a revision then it'll be during the weekend, because he rarely goes on during the week and one of you {TBR}'s will have to attend the revisions, and I'll ask him first on how drastic the changes will be, because if they are major then he wont edit it.. Also if we do edit it with you guys and we make a mistake and save & upload it to the server, then he'll remove it and I'll have an back-up of the original map stored somewhere, so we can revise again if needed..

Anyways hope to see some of you guys there for the revision some weekend soon.. Unless he says that he can't simplify it with out applying major cuts :/

Oh and the blames on you ASCII, if you mess it up before we go into revising mode albino but if you want you can join us..

I'll report back soon..
Back to top Go down
ASCII

ASCII

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:40 pm

god no id fuck it up in 5 seconds
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 4:17 pm

updates alien

Never said good updates No but some of it's good i guess : /

Anyways, eynestyne's managed to shrink down the possibility of it being played on the servers, but the map still doesn't meet the requirements to be played.. basically there's too much open space in the map and he doesn't want to touch any of that.. Though i think he fixed the ceiling a little in some places..
Oh and facing towards the beginning of the rail road tracks where there's a tunnel looking wall, well if you steer towards the right and go off the map you soon go into this massive room that's separate from the main map : / and that room was taking a lot of space up, i think it took about almost 2,000 cubes D: and the map requirements call for at most 3,000 cubes... so I told him to delete it... But even after we deleted that room then the map still took up about 3,850 cubes of space.. Embarassed so that's about as far as he wanted to go with editing it...
The rest is up to you if you wanna shrink it down sometime..
And it's uploaded on the Q-be r00t coop server if you ever wanna see how much we fixed.. Maybe I'll show some of your {TBR} members soon since I couldn't find any to attend the revision..
And if you don't like it, then i still have an extra copy of the non-revised one that I could upload again...
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:19 am

Unfortunately, I currently only have Internet access at work so I won't be able to get onto AC to check it. If you could upload it to somewhere and put a download link on this thread, I might be able to take a look over and see if I can find some bits to remove. Overall, the map isn't so huge compared to some which are allowed, so perhaps there is still some hidden space somewhere which could be made solid. I think if you press f5 in edit mode and fly upwards above the map, it's easier to see that.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 5:15 pm

click on the link again when you get there... not the video ad :$

Revised version
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l5bq6m6o3v77fv9

Original version
http://www.mediafire.com/?gvagpq98unyrnek

Oh and we might edit it again for some checks maybe..

Last edited by Iguana on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:15 am

I've only had time to take a very quick look over it at the moment. Make sure you check that any ceiling changes don't cause invisible walls to appear high up at the boundary between rooms. I didn't see it happening in the changed version, but it's always a risk because of the complex layout.

There seem to be a bit of extra space behind the parked train truck near the large fuel tank. That might be removable. Also, it should be possible to shave a bit of space of the main grassy open area, particularly on the side near the big machine-thing. Perhaps the back route behind the machine could be blocked off completely. It would make that part of the map a bit more linear, but would probably have least impact on the way the map plays compared to some other options.

The yard area with lots of boxes behind the large fuel tank also seems a bit under-used during most games so it could probably be shrunk a bit.

Overall, just look for the bits that you feel don't get used much, shrink them a bit, and adjust the detail to make sure it still looks reasonable.

Gah, stupid rules!
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:38 pm

Bloodsport wrote:
Overall, just look for the bits that you feel don't get used much, shrink them a bit, and adjust the detail to make sure it still looks reasonable.
Oh I think I for got to do that on some parts :/
But i did delete all the un-necessary space that was taking up useless space..

Bloodsport wrote:
Gah, stupid rules!
lol

Here's another update, but it still wont work.. I'll try to shrink down some building and make it take up more space.. from your above statement that I sorta ignored :/

update 2
http://www.mediafire.com/?2q7p8v7uzll568z

Except I have no idea why the file size gets bigger for every update.. No
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:19 pm

bloodsport helped edit ac_fuel and we looked at it together on one of the servers, and it works from his edits, except that it was still messed up a little, but I've fixed it now.. and if he approves this version I'll upload it to many servers, feel free to examine it in coop and test it on servers, where you can delete it off some server if needed "/deleteservermap mapname"
I and i renemed this ac_fuel_2
HF playing..

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6jogk9rp78p5pmp

http://download509.mediafire.com/div8iiamc87g/6jogk9rp78p5pmp/ac_fuel_2.cgz

edit: idk if the link works, because for me it doesn't work when I'm outside my account -.-

Last edited by Iguana on Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:03 am

It seems that we have been editing a very early version of ac_fuel, so I've re-done the changes on the more up to date version of the map. It can now be downloaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?rr6qmf71kctct4p

The changes aren't too bad this time, apart from the removal of the route behind the back of the big machine. Please try it out and let me know if you think the gameplay has been affected too much.

I think it still has enough of the nice open feel that gets Brahma's knickers in such a twist.
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:30 pm

Oopsy, I split the topic and put it into the mapping and modding section which is members only. Sorry about that!
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:28 pm

I think something wierd's going on with the internet these days :/
kuz this is what i get from this

your link

http://www.mediafire.com/?rr6qmf71kctct4p

Which is actually this (without spaces):
http :// www . mediafire.com /? rr6qmf71kctct4p

and the output
http://thebloodrising.niceboards.org/go/aHR0cDovL3d3dy5tZGZyLz9ycjZxbWY3MWtjdGN0NHA=

[edit] I figured it out.. space out the link, and when you put it in the address-bar, just delete the spaces

your link:
http :// www . mediafire.com /? rr6qmf71kctct4p

my link:
http :// www . mediafire .com / download.php?6jogk9rp78p5pmp
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:16 pm

From the download that you posted to the modified ac_fuel, well i looked over it and edited it a little, and i was wondering if maybe you like my idea here, because by the building, it looked kinda odd, and i added a small ruin in the corner with a grenade, and I've managed to open up some of that section behind the machine.. Oh and by the open side of the tunnel, where there is a slant that's part of the tunnel, and looks kinda odd too, but i haven't added anything there, but maybe we could add some type of building sitting on the slant so that it doesn't look so odd? :/

Also, I've posted a download link to a .zip file and in there you can find my small edit's along with some screenshots of certain sections of the map that maybe you could approve, and if you like this version then maybe it could be distributed for game play..?

http :// www . mediafire. com / ?6bbeyir9xit6u

copy and paste into addressbar and delete the spaces

-

but then again it's your map, so tell me when you think it's ready for the public acers to play on ..
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 10:49 am

A few comments from looking at the pictures as I haven't had a chance to get in game yet today:

I like the change to the new broken pillar in the open area. I had made it as a fully solid section because I thought that was needed to satisfy the requirements of not having a too large open area. Have you checked on the server that the map is still playable outside of co-op edit?

I'm not sure about the new pale brick bit next to the grenades. The style looks wrong against the wall behind it. However, it would be nice to add some detail there. I can't yet think of something suitable, so see if you can think of something which would go well with either the rusted metal look of the machine, or the more factory warehouse style of the building.

I have mixed feelings about the route behind the back of the machine. It helps make that part of the map less linear, but it can result in people camping there too much. We really need to try it out in a small game of something like Hunt The Flag to see how it plays. If there is a helmet behind the machine, the armour should be moved further away. Perhaps towards the end of the rail track so that it is more balanced for the RVSF team attacking from their base.

The stepped slant high up by the tunnel is an unfortunate consequence of my use of varying ceiling height in that part of the map. So far I can find no way of handling this which doesn't involve something odd looking somewhere in that area. It is needed to prevent there being hidden walls in the sky which occasionally obstruct your view.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Bloodsport wrote:
A few comments from looking at the pictures as I haven't had a chance to get in game yet today:

I like the change to the new broken pillar in the open area. I had made it as a fully solid section because I thought that was needed to satisfy the requirements of not having a too large open area. Have you checked on the server that the map is still playable outside of co-op edit?
I think that you never needed to make the piller solid, since i think making the building solid was the main fix in the map. Also if you noticed some of the screenshots, i was editing the map in the server.. and i have a slightly updated on there..

If you have time go on ac and type /connect eynstyne.isa-geek.com 28766 and lock the server and vote the map in dm or coop and get it since you have an older version... but there i only made slight changes.. :/

Quote :
I'm not sure about the new pale brick bit next to the grenades. The style looks wrong against the wall behind it. However, it would be nice to add some detail there. I can't yet think of something suitable, so see if you can think of something which would go well with either the rusted metal look of the machine, or the more factory warehouse style of the building.
idk what you want there, but I'll see what i can do with the help of other mappers.

Quote :
I have mixed feelings about the route behind the back of the machine. It helps make that part of the map less linear, but it can result in people camping there too much. We really need to try it out in a small game of something like Hunt The Flag to see how it plays. If there is a helmet behind the machine, the armour should be moved further away. Perhaps towards the end of the rail track so that it is more balanced for the RVSF team attacking from their base.
I've played if with haste the other day in dm, and I haven't seen a major problem with that part of the map yet, that section actually makes the map some what fun.. What a Face

Quote :
The stepped slant high up by the tunnel is an unfortunate consequence of my use of varying ceiling height in that part of the map. So far I can find no way of handling this which doesn't involve something odd looking somewhere in that area. It is needed to prevent there being hidden walls in the sky which occasionally obstruct your view.
I might have to edit some there, and upload some screenies and see if you like a small idea that i have for that pert..
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:05 am

here i have some more ideas, see if you like them..

this time only pics.. to lazy to add a map file XD

http :// www . mediafire. com / ?6bbeyir9xit6u
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:52 pm

I think ac_fuel is ready now blood, if we could look at it one more time together, because theres 1 minor thing that you might not like... and I want it to be played on the servers soon..
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky
Admin
DaRealRocky

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:43 pm

wonder when blood is going to get the itch to make maps again
Back to top Go down
http://thebloodrising.niceboards.net
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:45 am

Splendid, I should be on ac this evening, german time.

If we can get our maps into the map rotation of a well used server, I might start making a few more again. A performance is no fun without the audience.
Back to top Go down
Iguana
Admin
Iguana

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:38 pm

Fuel is finished and in rotation, check it out when ever you guys want..
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:17 pm

It's pretty spiffing to play, if I do say so myself.
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky
Admin
DaRealRocky

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:59 am

Ac wadi? And the space map were the best
Back to top Go down
http://thebloodrising.niceboards.net
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:41 pm

Oh, they are available too. It's just that fuel had to be changed a bit to fit the silly new map quality rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ac_fuel changes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ac_fuel changes   ac_fuel changes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ac_fuel changes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Blood Rising :: Open section :: Servers-
Jump to: