The Blood Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Blood Rising is/was an Assault Cube Clan created on February 6th, 2010; and ended on May 26th, 2013.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Come Back Kids
Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2021 5:07 pm by DaRealRocky

» a look back
Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:10 pm by Soulker

» moved and settled pretty much
Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:50 pm by Sticky

» CyberSecurity Bills
Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:37 am by Iguana

» Raspberry Pi
Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 1:20 pm by Iguana

» New IRC server
Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 1:03 pm by Iguana

» Nomz Nomz gone wrong....
Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:40 pm by DaRealRocky

» akimbo ac_wadi?
Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 2:50 am by Bloodsport

» {TBR} vs [SODA] (tie)
Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 4:27 pm by BHO

Top posters
DaRealRocky
Cheaters in AC Vote_lcapCheaters in AC Voting_barCheaters in AC Vote_rcap 
Bloodsport
Iguana
ReEsEs
ASCII
*SMG_3m*
MerCyKiL
Soulker
Badass Teddy

Cheaters in AC

Go down 
+2
Xtreme
Bloodsport
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:13 am

As some of you may know, I recently caught Thorite (formerly RA clan) using a wall hack. This was reported on the DES website here. Despite this being a very very clear case of wall hacking, both Brahma and Jamz have come out in support of Thorite on this.

My first reaction to this was that it was a blind supporting of a popular member of the community in the face of undeniable evidence. However, after further consideration, I believe that they are genuinely unable to identify wall hackers in demos. Brahma is reliant on statistical methods which a great for catching some types of cheater, but are unable to describe clearly visible phenomena in a demo. On the other hand Jamz has previously been unable to identify another clear hacker. Bastaculeus was one of our earliest applicants who I quickly identified as using a wall hack. I also gave this demo to Jamz and several other players who claimed they could see no evidence of a hack. Some time later, the same player (this time using the name -xW-#Mindgame^) was blacklisted for using a nade hack.

I am greatly disappointed by the response of the AC community to this case and as the comments on the DES forum indicate, my points about the demo were answered by character attacks, statements about how popular and skilled Thorite is, and vague arguments about knowing a map well. I really hope for the sake of AC that this is purely down to lack of ability and not the desire to protect a friend.
Back to top Go down
Xtreme

Xtreme

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 8:26 am

bloodsport you must wish he mustn't do it to us! if he can't be get by them
keep your eyes open -.-
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky
Admin
DaRealRocky

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 9:43 am

Blood as I Always say I support you a hundred percent in these matters. You are very reliant in these ways and for them not to
support you is a shame. I hope this does not
mean you will give up hope in some ac players. I hope that this will not
ruin your hope or your attitude and give up because as we all know in the end you are right Wink I TRUST IN BLOOD
Back to top Go down
http://thebloodrising.niceboards.net
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:01 am

Thankyou Rocky, I am feeling a bit like an army of one at the moment. Exposing hackers never wins you any friends.

One particularly concerning thing to come out of this was Brahma's statement:

Code:

[16:12] <Brahma>        wallhack cannot be proved, Thorite
[16:12] <Brahma>        ignore the ones who are accusing you

This essentially means that because Brahma is unable to detect wall hacking with his tools, he will block any attempt to stop those players who are known to be hacking in this way. I think we can now expect an epidemic of wall hackers safe in the knowledge that they have Brahma's blessing. It is starting to look like there is little point working to improve your skills at AC.
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky
Admin
DaRealRocky

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 11:11 am

o how depressing it is .. if you are a developer or in a way help the ac you can have freinds but it is a must to make sure that you stay professional and take every case personal and direct. It is better to see the people who make descions not care about a name and ignore it so there wil be no bias opinons. unfortunatly there is now... blood your not and army of one your an army of two and i am sure more will back you up then you think.
Back to top Go down
ReEsEs

ReEsEs

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:46 pm

Your exactly right Blood.. If this gets out that Brahama doesn't have the tools to find wallhacks then everyone will start using them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yougotrickrolled.com
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Just caught another wall hacker on our server. I asked him to stop wall hacking, so he started using a long range gib hack on everyone. Now I know what I'm looking for, this is really quite easy.
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky
Admin
DaRealRocky

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 2:58 pm

lol thank you obivous hackers to educate are dear blood
Back to top Go down
ReEsEs

ReEsEs

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:03 pm

Know what your looking for, for what?
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Things that indicate the use of a wall hack. If you are particularly interested I will go through a good example demo. Thorite's is pretty clear, and so is #F.U#toitoine.
Back to top Go down

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:46 pm

sure post the demo if u like...i wouldn't mind havin a look.
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:08 pm

This is the Thorite demo:

http://www.mediafire.com/?hymmwvzj0zj

I'll post the other one when i have time to upload it.

Use the command /gamespeed 20 to slow it down, then switch between Thorite's view and the other 2 players. What you should see is that he is regularly looking through the walls at where the other players are, then changes direction to intercept them, or takes up a camping position to wait for them to come round a corner. He never gets surprised by someone coming from the side while he is camping, and never looks the wrong way when entering a room to attack. If you watch any of the cases where he does wait for an opponent to move into view, you can see his fine aim adjustments start just shortly before the target comes into view.

If you are having trouble seeing this, I will talk you through a few of the more obvious cases on skype.
Back to top Go down
ReEsEs

ReEsEs

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:44 pm

I would love to learn your how to tell how someone is hacking or not, but I don't even know how to run demos and what not.

I would need an idiots guide. Razz
Back to top Go down
ReEsEs

ReEsEs

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:12 pm

I finally watched the demo and I struggled through it because of my lack of knowlodge of the map. Interesting though and there was some cases where I would definetly agree with you blood.
Back to top Go down
Bloodsport
Admin
Bloodsport

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:59 am

Reeses, I have the videos I made posted up in the admin section at the moment, but I haven't transfered them through to the public section yet because I haven't had time to write descriptions for each of them yet, and I'm not sure that they help much because of the low quality. At least they will be able to point people in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky
Admin
DaRealRocky

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 8:09 am

I have watch bloods videos and they are clear and to the point. It is very well done
Back to top Go down
Badass Teddy

Badass Teddy

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:26 am

We did not and we won't unless you get in the member section..
Back to top Go down
DaRealRocky
Admin
DaRealRocky

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:59 am

That is up to blood I sure he wants to finish them completly before making them public . Patience boo boo
Back to top Go down
ReEsEs

ReEsEs

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:23 pm

I was talking about the demo you posted of Thorite I downloaded and watched that Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cheaters in AC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheaters in AC   Cheaters in AC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheaters in AC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Blood Rising :: Open section :: General AC discussion-
Jump to: